Sunday, September 19, 2010

I think I enjoyed listening to soft classic music now. Past few days have been working in conrad hotel, listening to the piano classicals by professionals played in the lobby. I have worked 3 days so far. All night shift.
First day dismissed at 2.30am, second day dismissed at 3.30am and today considered early dismissal, which is at 11pm. Now I'm so dead beat. Since I havent use the lappy for these few days, so just on and look for some updates.

To keep you all updated.
1st day. ,(Daikin company dinner).
Work with one china guy, he likes to talk loudly and likes to instruct me to do this and that. Kinda pissed with him and I thought he knew since my reaction was quite obvious. Met one lady guest, damn fussy. gosh. Hate one china girl working there as well. She really get on my nerves! Ask me more if you wanna know. Too much to type.

2nd day, (wedding dinner).There was this group of ladies and gentlemen. Ladies are the bride friends while gentlemen are the groom friends. They put up a dance performance for the audience, which I thought it is really fantastic! The gentlemen dance the song 'sorry sorry' dance, while the ladies danced 'nobody but you'. I would really love it if next time, my friends put up dance performance like this for my wedding (if i have any). haha.
I happened to bumped onto my dad's friend as well. He was seated at table 9, however I was serving table 1 and 6.
Ohh, while I was serving table 1, someone from table 2 stands up and hit my tray when I was serving table 1 guest, a teenage girl,I spilled one glass of sprite at her. Felt so bad and embarrased. I apologized. But well, it's not my fault.. so lucily my korean manager didn't scold me. And I was really lucky as the guest(the girl's dad) said it's okay and nevermind. Lucky me.


Third day which is today. (Birthday party).Today's only 80 pax. So turns out okay as 3 servers to 2 tables. Haha. Moreover,the best part is that they aint fussy. Likes aint fussy guests!(Y)
It's a grandpa 70th birthday. It's really nice with presentation slides and I think his daughters-in-laws were really thoughtful to plan this event for their father-in-law.

Anyway, working at conrad hotel is really tiring. Being the guests is good, but being the banquet staffs, it's not as enjoyable. Everything needs to be in fast pace, time given for tasks to be done; sounds like those days in st john. And clean, neat and tidy. Kitchen is so watery and slippery, need to be really careful when we walked to the stewarding areas. I almost fall for a few times, but luckily I hold on to the wall.
My poor feets are soooo exhausted since no flats are allowed. It is required that we have to wear black leather heels. You know, heels kills.
When I stretch myself, can hear those sounds from my bones, as though its cracking. If you get what I mean.

Finally 20th sept which is tmr and 21st sept which is the day after tmr, it's a break for me. woohoo! :D

ANDDDDDD 22nd to 26th sept, 5 consecutive working days,
Srsly hope I can survive.
Nono, I WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home